DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently a Dishnetwork subscriber with a PVR501. I am considering adding the HD6000 to my system.

I realize I will not be able to record HD with my PVR501.

My questions are ...

How well does the PVR501 and the HD6000 play together ?
Is there any info or website that talks about this ?

If I want to record a show that is HD, will the PVR go ahead and record it in regular NTSC?
What if I'm watching a HD show and hit PAUSE on the PVR ?

If anyone has info on doing the hookup AND the practicality of everyday using the system, I would appreciate any info.

Thanks
Mark.

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
What do you mean "Do they play well together?" - If you mean can you set each on a different remote address so pushing the controls for one doesn't control the other unintentionally, then yes.

The PVR will not see any channels that are HD in the first place, so this ones moot. The PVR also will not record anything that is OTA - it is strictly satellite based only recording.

How do you WANT to hook them up, what kind of functionality do you want, what kind and how many inputs does your TV have ? Ideally, you would take the component video outputs of the 6000 to the component inputs of the TV (along with audio), maybe do the same for S-Video or composite (+ audio), then do the same for the PVR (S-Video or composite + audio).

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Hi Msnover :hi: Welcome to DBSTalk!

All that you will be doing is a basic 2 receiver set up, but instead of connecting each receiver to two different TV sets, your connecting them to one. So with the 501 you can record any standard def channel on Dish and the switch your tv to a different a/v input and watch another SD or an HD channel. As Scooper said you'll have to change the remote address on one of the remotes (really easy to do) so that you don't control both boxes at one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.