DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sling Adapter connected to my Hopper.

When I use Dish's Android/iOS App or DishOnline,
am I supposed to be able to see the programs on
the external hard drive connected to the Hopper?

Right now, only the programs recorded on the
Hopper's internal hard drive are visible.

Thanks! :)

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
I notice this is the case if the HD has powered down for energy savings. At least my HD does this after several hours of un-use. If it's up and running I can see all the shows on the IOS app.

910 Posts
You will not see the content on your EHD when you sling. You have to transfer your recordings to the internal HD to view those recordings. Thanks.

tenwinecans said:
I have a Sling Adapter connected to my Hopper.

When I use Dish's Android/iOS App or DishOnline,
am I supposed to be able to see the programs on
the external hard drive connected to the Hopper?

Right now, only the programs recorded on the
Hopper's internal hard drive are visible.

Thanks! :)

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
Sorry Ray, not so. If my HD is spun up and active, I can see and access shows on my Sling adapter.

At least I use to be able to. Currently I cannot see anything but the DVR. However, my HD has not been used in several days so it is probably in OFF mode. I'll report back later.

910 Posts
This feature ceased with the 922 and Hopper. You cannot see the DVR content while slinging from the 922 or Hopper. It does work with the 722/722k. Thanks.

dmspen said:
Sorry Ray, not so. If my HD is spun up and active, I can see and access shows on my Sling adapter.

At least I use to be able to. Currently I cannot see anything but the DVR. However, my HD has not been used in several days so it is probably in OFF mode. I'll report back later.

· Troublemaker/Supporter
341 Posts
This is a BIG feature loss moving from the 722 to the Hopper! Please implement this feature in a Hopper software update. I should be able to see and view ALL my recordings remotely using DISH Anywhere. Why not? I viewed them for years remotely from my old 722 via my Sling adapter.

· Legend
113 Posts
The Hopper(and I have a HWS) has been a series of frustration for lots of owners with the last couple of firmware updates. More stuff broke then fixed for many(ie; EHD). DISH almost seems to be taking it one step forward and two steps back for this product.

· Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem, uesd to be fine when I had vip and there is NO reason it cannot be done, just like there is NO good reason why I should need to have a internal sling to transfer recorded content to a device. If is has a slower processer than it will just take longer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.