Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As I understand the DVR622 VIP from Dish has 480i only TV output. It also comes with a seperate remote to control channels on this output.

I would like to use this output to feed a regular 20" television set that is upstairs in my room. I have two coax lines coming in where the VIP622 is located. One is feeding the signal directly from the antenna, while the second I can use to route the signal back all the way up to the regular analogue TV.

I also notice that the 622 has a second remote, probably to control channels for the secondary TV output. It has a little RF antenna in the back as well.

However, as my 622 is located in the basement and the TV that is going to be hooked up is located 3 stories upstairs, I am afraid that the second remote will not function correctly.

Is there any solution as to how I can change the channels with the second remote upstairs? Maybe something like IR repeater or something similar.

Thanks,
George

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
I use a coax splitter turned backward to combine the remote antenna with the TV2 output cable. Use two short cables, 1 connected to the antenna port and the other connected to the TV2 output and combined with the splitter. Then in the room with the remote TV, use another splitter with the remote antenna connected to one side of the splitter and a short coax connecting the other side of the splitter to the TV input. This brings the remote antenna right into the room with the TV and it works great.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
In addition to moving the UHF antenna to the distant room (or some central location, 6' up a wall with a length of coax, ...), you might also try seeing how well the supplied remote works if you switch to the B range. If you display the System Info screen, TV2 should now say UHF Pro A range. Remove the battery cover and change switch from A to B and then push Record button. System Info should change to B range and that MIGHT be enough to control it from 3 stories away. You can get more distance with the B range, but you'd have to try to see if it was enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.