DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
That's what happens when movie producers hire some clueless, long-retired dishonorably-discharged ex-Army PFC to be the military advisor on technical issues for a film about the navy. Could be...
Who is that? I didn't watch the credits.

Rich
Michael Dickerson is listed in the credits as Naval Consultant.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, I finally got to watch USS Indianapolis on a flight home. I am glad I only spent the equivalent of $0.94 for this DVD. Probably the worst movie I've watched in years. Acting, script and CGI were deplorable. I might even put the DVD in the recycle bin. A fantastic WWII story that should have been a great movie.

But on the same flight, I also watch Hacksaw Ridge. Another WWII-based story and this time the movie was great. I had heard some good things about the movie, but I was hesitant to watch it as the Director was Mel Gibson. Highly recommend this movie.
But did you see the 5" gun mount firing at the beginning of the movie?

In retrospect, I'll agree the movie wasn't very good. Might be Cage's worst movie. I look forward to Hacksaw Ridge.

Rich

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
But did you see the 5" gun mount firing at the beginning of the movie?

In retrospect, I'll agree the movie wasn't very good. Might be Cage's worst movie. I look forward to Hacksaw Ridge.

Rich
The 5" gun in the movie wasn't the type on the Indianapolis. And while the aerial view of the ship made it look like the 5" gun had a fairly rapid rate of fire, the air bursts of the rounds near the Japanese planes looked pretty consistent with a 5" AA gun.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.