DBSTalk Forum banner

What sort of UTV equipment are you using?

• Sony W60 unmodified

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony W60 modified

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • RCA unmodified

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • RCA modified

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Other unmodified

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other modified

Votes: 1 5.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4 Posts
Originally posted by Neil Derryberry
I haven't modified my W60's yet, but I plan to put in a 120gb WD drive sometime soon!
I will probably modify my W60 down the road. One or both of the T60s (2 currently unmodified) will probably come first, since we use them more. But the UTV is so easy to mod.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
I also have two unaltered RCA's. I voted once, but can't again.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HarryD, I've heard that most folks have only had success with WD units.... it would be cool news indeed if you get a different brand to work, because I don't particularly care for WD.

·
AllStar
75 Posts
How do I swap a new HD into a W60? Is it just like putting a new drive into a desktop? Are there any settings to backup/transfer and how? What about compatability, warranty, etc.

Please let me know all the details. Drives are so cheap now that it makes sense to upgrade, if it's not too difficult.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
I just bought a WD1200AB 120GB hard drive for one of my UTVs that the warranty just expired. It should be here on Wednesday. I am excited to get it installed and see the thing say "105 Hours" on it. I keep running out of space.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
I can speak from experience now about upgrading. I upgraded to a 120GB HD today and it works great. Took a while for the upgrade to come over the phone line, but all is well. It says that the capacity is now 105 hours.

G

·
I've read other instruction sets that talk about copying drives w/ a computer.... is this the download that the unit does?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no, when you drop in a new drive the UTV formats it, sets ide security and downloads the entire UTV app via the modem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.