DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Build #227 if anyone is keeping score. Guess the 7th time was the charm when trying to fix the FFWD issues.

Ok, so the nasty bug has been fixed. Commence complaining about OTA in 3...2...1...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
dan8379 said:
Earl, what about the issue with pause not holding it's place....is that being addressed? It's not specifically listed in the notes.
There are a bunch of miscelanious things that where corrected... not all are in the release notes (I wasn't given the entire list... just "misc items")

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am VERY interested to see just how much faster the resolution changes are with the new update.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jkc120 said:
Earl - has the "partial" recording problem been fixed in this release?

Thanks!
It wasn't specifically listed, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been.

·
Godfather
284 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It wasn't specifically listed, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been.
Is it something they know about? Is there someone we can talk to in order to find out if it's been fixed or is on the list to be fixed? It's as bad as the BSOD problem, and certainly more of a problem than the FFWD bug in 0xDC. So I'm hoping they are aware of it...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Knepster said:
Does the staggard roll out prevent the ability to force a download or no? I haven't tried yet as I am waiting until the baseball game is over.
Yes, I believe it does.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Build #227 if anyone is keeping score. Guess the 7th time was the charm when trying to fix the FFWD issues.

Ok, so the nasty bug has been fixed. Commence complaining about OTA in 3...2...1...
:lol: :kickbutt: !rolling

·
Godfather
300 Posts
PoitNarf said:
I am VERY interested to see just how much faster the resolution changes are with the new update.
If it's really much quicker then i will go back to Native mode, this could be good.... we shall see..

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jkc120 said:
Is it something they know about? Is there someone we can talk to in order to find out if it's been fixed or is on the list to be fixed? It's as bad as the BSOD problem, and certainly more of a problem than the FFWD bug in 0xDC. So I'm hoping they are aware of it...
I can tell you this, with ut-most (sp?) certainty...
The bugs and "issues" that are being reported, are in deed being seen by the folks at DirecTV.

They know the issue is out there for the users... but what "I" don't know is where the problem is on the list of things to be correted... or if it has been.

And you are right... it is as important as BSOD... as it results in a failed recording. But all I can tell you...
If it continues with these release... report it with as much detail as possible.

You can bet your sweet potatos, DirecTV wants to fix this box and make it as good as it can be.

·
4 Posts
I am new here and I see that you are supposed to type in a code to update the software. 02468 I believe. I tried that and I am not having luck. Could someone please be more specific on what to do and what screen I have tried right away and no luck. I am also having a problem with HD Channels with the error message 771 (No Signal). A Tech is coming out tomorrow morning. Does this software update fix the HD Problems? Thanks

1 - 20 of 207 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.