DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of a channel called Versus? Is it a HD or SD channel? What is the channel number and what package do I need to get it? I currently have the Silver HD package with multi-sports.

This has to do with a college basketball game I want to watch.

· Godfather
292 Posts
Versus used to be called OLN. It's on channel 151, no HD on Dish, and I believe you need, at least, the Gold package to get it.

From wikipedia:

Versus' programming is an unusual mix of extreme sports, more sedate fare like hunting, and, most notably, coverage of professional cycling and ice hockey. Versus currently owns the American rights to live coverage of the Tour de France. Versus also acquired the cable rights for National Hockey League games as The NHL on Versus. It also picked up the U.S. rights to the new A1 Grand Prix series, and the National Lacrosse League in a Saturday primetime "Game of the Week" format for the 2007 season. It also airs weekly Arena Football League games.

· Godfather
292 Posts
mdgolf said:
Why don't we give whatever you're "hunting" a gun and teach 'em how to use it. Now that, would be hunting....:eek2:
I've never hunted in my life, but I know a few who do on a regular basis, and that's what they say (about it being relaxing). No need to get personal. :nono2:

· Godfather
429 Posts
During the day, the new HD channel will carry Golf Channel content. Starting at 7p it will carry Versus content.... So, only if those shows are on at night and filmed in HD will you actually get them in HD.

· Godfather
310 Posts
dishbacker said:
During the day, the new HD channel will carry Golf Channel content. Starting at 7p it will carry Versus content.... So, only if those shows are on at night and filmed in HD will you actually get them in HD.
Are you talking about E*?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.