DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Joyzelle Davis, Rocky Mountain News
December 9, 2006

When HDNet launched five years ago as the nation's only 24-hour high-definition network, HDTVs were a novelty seen only in sports bars and living rooms of the rich.
Five years later, more than 3.2 million HDTVs will be sold in the U.S. this fourth quarter, according to Pacific Media Associates, more than three times as many as were sold in all of 2001.

As those HDTV buyers hook up their new sets, they'll want high-definition programming to showcase the technology. -HDNet is no longer the only high-definition network around, with networks such as Discovery, ESPN and Food Network launching high-def versions.

Philip Garvin, who co-founded HDNet with Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, admits that it's not hard to be a high-definition home's favorite channel when there aren't a lot of other options....

---
( The entire article is at the following source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/tech/article/0,2777,DRMN_23910_5201555,00.html )

·
Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
None of the competitors have "Bikini Destinations", "Dead Like Me", or "Arrested Development".

·
Cool Member/Supporter
246 Posts
bidger said:
None of the competitors have "Bikini Destinations", "Dead Like Me", or "Arrested Development".
Don't forget "GET OUT" that''s a fun show to watch..

·
Godfather
349 Posts
It does raise the question though, when HD is really universally available and all channels are in HD (2020 or so, I guess :) ), how will HDNet reinvent itself. There is no ColorTV network around. So do they just become another network or what?

·
Icon
685 Posts
Maybe they'll call it CubanNet. Content (so so) and video quality (currently better than most) is all that matters to me. I predict all but small niche programming to be HD by 2010. At least I hope so. TBS, Spike, Versus, Fox Sports, and Speed Channel bring it on!

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Hoxxx said:
Don't forget "GET OUT" that''s a fun show to watch..
Yeah it is. I used to watch the late night replay when I got home from work when I worked nights. Honestly, I have no idea what the show is about other then three hotties going to exotic locations. What exotic locations, I have no idea, I never cared enough to actually pay attention to that part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.