DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Grydlok said:
for VHIHD/MTVHD not showing HD, because they want to keep PLD alive. Just let it go.
I feel your pain, but eventually, record companies, who are well known for their generosity and concern for the fans, will succumb to the filming of music videos in HD, or in other words, they will eventually find themselves having no choice because everything is HD.

MTV and VH1 will eventually have enough programming available in HD to make up for the vast library of "made on the cheap" music videos that are on hand.

Besides, have you contemplated the possible tragic effects if the Real World starts hiring people not just on the basis of how whiny but also on the basis of how good they look in HD?

· Icon
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LarryFlowers said:
I feel your pain, but eventually, record companies, who are well known for their generosity and concern for the fans, will succumb to the filming of music videos in HD, or in other words, they will eventually find themselves having no choice because everything is HD.

MTV and VH1 will eventually have enough programming available in HD to make up for the vast library of "made on the cheap" music videos that are on hand.

Besides, have you contemplated the possible tragic effects if the Real World starts hiring people not just on the basis of how whiny but also on the basis of how good they look in HD?
It isn't that. Last night the Hiphop honors was shown on VH1HD in SD, but will be aired tonight on PLD in HD. They have some programming they just stick the HD version on MHD aka PLD every opportunity they get.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
Grydlok said:
It isn't that. Last night the Hiphop honors was shown on VH1HD in SD, but will be aired tonight on PLD in HD. They have some programming they just stick the HD version on MHD aka PLD every opportunity they get.
I believe PLD is a premium channel, they want your money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.