DBSTalk Forum banner

What System?

• XBOX360 (or Add-On; HD-DVD; Camera, ect)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Wii

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • None

Votes: 1 4.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which system if any are you going to try to get for yourself this holiday season? (Or at least "ask" for as a gift this season...)

Note for XBOX360... since it has been out a year... I added the "Accessories" as an option..
Since the HD-DVD add-on will be available and it is a $200 price tag.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Not sure.. Will have to wait for review and with PS3 looking like it will be in short supply, I doubt it. If one becomes available and I don't have to pay market adjustment I might make the jump.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,344 Posts
I already have my 'game system'. A couple of Media Center PCs, less than a year old with dual core processors.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AntAltMike said:
Don't need one. I still have Magnavox Odyssey.
My gosh... that was the first system I remember playing on when I was a kid.
My buddy even had the "voice" add-on for it.

·
Banned
74 Posts
I might get the HD-DVD addon... i dunno though.. i still don't want to throw 200 in the toilet if the format flops

·
Gaming Guru and Supporter
799 Posts
I already have 1 of my 3 Wiis pre-ordered. I was also able to pre-order a PS3. I will flip the PS3 on E-bay if the prices are >$1000 and pick it up after the 1st of the year.

The Wii is going to do much better than what many people believe.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually...
I need to now check Other.

I have a PS2 that was from the first batch (got it the day they where released). And it's laser has gone funky can't play CD based games "blue disks".

I saw that Sony is releasing a SILVER PS2 SLIM

So I think I am going to supliment the old one with a new one, and use the other for parties and stuff.

·
Old Guys Rule!
5,053 Posts
I voted "none", but if I were to get something it might just be a Nintendo DS Lite. Great little device, and cheaper (and many folks say better) than the Sony PSP.

·
Banned
74 Posts
I have always been a loyal Nintendo fanboy, but slow software roll-outs for the GC and the N64 jaded me a bit. Still, no one produces a product like the Big N. They seem to understand what makes a game "fun" whereas other game companies chug out the same FPS's, War Sims, and Racers. I'm going to wait on the Wii (I was disappointed to read "No HD output", plus I have a 360). But I'm sure I'll cave at some point when I see the gameplay at someone's house. In other words, I'll wait to Wii as long as I can hold it. (had to know someone was going to use that childish pun)

·
Mentor
32 Posts
s8ist said:
I might get the HD-DVD addon... i dunno though.. i still don't want to throw 200 in the toilet if the format flops
That's going to be the 1,000,000 dollar question. Will the release of PS3 and blue-ray dominate the market as Sony tried to do with Beta vs. VHS and they did with playstion2 and the DVD player. Who knows? Large corporations backing both formats and MS has had a large headstart with Xbox 360. Can PS3 make up that ground, even with the short supply? Again, who knows. Time will tell.

One thing is clear though, we the consumer get screwed while the big boys fight it out in a pissing contest. Both formats have their +'s and -'s.

IMHO - I'm saying Blue-Ray wins and will become the standard. Kind of why I think I'm going to find out which Best Buy in my area gets the most PS3's and figure out a "way" to get one. Don't think I can camp outside BB like I did when PS2 was released (got 3).

I have to see what Blue-Ray looks like on my Panny!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.