DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing video drops with directv hd dvr?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my hr-20 connected throught the component inputs/outputs of a Denon 4306.
Too often before/after comercials my video goes dark. It happens on both monitors I am using (Screen Play 7200 and a 1080i Toshiba rear projector)

Directv says they have not heard of this problem!? It happens during live and recorded sources (local Denver and ESPN HD)

Thanks in advance.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Like "Black" for how long.

Most networks and channels, will go "black" screen entering and leaving commercials.

It is even more "pronounced" when there is HD content involved.
As the TV changes resolution...

You don't happen to have Native resolution turned on do you?
As that would be your HR20 switching from 480i (what most commercials are in), to one of the HDTV formats

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For five to ten seconds, the sound comes on but the picture goes dark. You can empathize, for it happens during all Bears games. Native is off.

·
DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,011 Posts
Man....wish D* would put in the feature to have video go black during the commericals...now that would be a feature. :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,060 Posts
thekochs said:
Man....wish D* would put in the feature to have video go black during the commericals...now that would be a feature. :lol:
Definitely gets my vote -- or maybe better would be if the sound went off with or without black screen. :p

·
DBSTalk Club Member
459 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It is even more "pronounced" when there is HD content involved. As the TV changes resolution...

You don't happen to have Native resolution turned on do you?
As that would be your HR20 switching from 480i (what most commercials are in), to one of the HDTV formats
Earl, actually that is not true. No (sane) TV station changes resolutions -- the data stream is fixed at 720p or 1080i -- all non-HD content is upconverted to the "house" standard, so as to always present a stream with a constant resolution. A lot of STBs (paticularly older ones) crash hard when hit with resolution changes, plus it is just plain inelegant to switch between them.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,119 Posts
I've had a similar issue occasionaly during some movies, after 50+ minutes. Like there's a hole in the recording. Only, I don't get sound. Usually, it's wne the plot is being explained.:bang

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.