DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I can has HR2x?
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know how to classify this, so I'll try to explain. I was watching a re-run of "Really Big Things" on SciHD today, and I experienced some strange issues. There were some minor audio/video glitches, but then the screen split into roughly a 2x4 "grid" (2 tall and 4 wide) where each grid position was substantially the same picture, but it was almost "rolling" slowly like the old horizontal sync problems in the B&W TV days. I'll try to get a pic, but it was just funky.

Going to menu showed the strange picture in the PIC/PIG, menu was fine, so it wasn't an HDMI glitch or the like. The only way to fix it was to exit the show to something else and start it playing again.

Has anyone else seen any of this? HR20-100 using HDMI, current (as of this posting) national release (sorry, I'm not in front of it now, can't check actual version).

Brad

·
I can has HR2x?
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pics (paused, taken maybe 10 seconds apart):

The stills show that the "grid" isn't what I thought by the bare eye (more like 2x2), but they show the progression of the horizontal bar. The picture is still "moving" even when paused.

Also, I found that if I leave it for 30 seconds or maybe more, it actually does go away on it's own. Still, makes the show difficult to watch from a continuity standpoint.

Software version is 0x235.

Brad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.