DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been up and running with the HR20 connected to my network via the Linksys Wireless Game Adapter and everything has been pretty smooth using Twonky/WMP11 (I could get either to work but for now I am using Twonky).

I was running into one weird/nagging problem every now and then when viewing photos - sometimes a whole directory of folders would NOT play on the HR20 and I would just get a sketchy 'Unable to Access' error message.

I finally figured out that the problem (in this case) was that I had an ampersand (&) in the name of the folder containing the photos. When I removed the ampersand everything worked fine. (I did a rescan of my directories from Twonky after making the name change just to make sure.)

So if you are encountering this error message for music or photos take a look at your folder names. Perhaps there are other characters that the HR20 doesn't like? For now I know that the & gives it a problem.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Good find. I will have to look through my 9600+ pictures :( to see if any of them contain this or any other symbol that might be causing this to appear for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.