DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I wanted to upgrade and get a hd-dvr. My first problem is they tell me I can't do the $199 promotion because I used a differant promotion within the last 12 months. Last febuary my 811 died, so they replaced it with a 211. This is what there calling a "promotion". They told me I can either buy a 622 outright or wait until febuary for the 12 months to be up. So my reciever dies and I get penalized? Not very fair if you ask me. Is there any way around this? Any ideas? My other question is about the 622 itself. Right now I have one line coming in to the 211. Does the 622 need two lines in for the dual tuners? Thanks in advance!
-Brian

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast repsonse Ron. I called again today and talked to someone in billing instead of tech and she OK'd the upgrade. Now the only thing i'm not sure on is what cabling is needed before install (oct 18). I keep getting defferant answers when I ask dish techs. All I need to know is how many cables have to come in to the 622 for dual mode to work. Maybe some of my current specs will help someone diagnos what I need. Right now I have 2 dishs (not sure which ones). Two lines coming in, one goes to a dvr-625 that controls 2 tv's. The other line goes to a vip-211 (trading this for a vip 622). I need to use the 622 with one hdtv and one sdtv in the bedroom. I currently have dishhd silver + voom. Are they going to replace my current dish setup? Can the single line that goes to the 211 work the dual 622 or will I need a switch of some sort?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.