DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the VIP211 and noticed that the SD picture looks great. My mom even thought that was watching one of my HD channel and I told her no it was regular SD History Channel. The HD channels are awesome. What is was wondering is . . .is this the new receive doing this or has my TV finally came to life since I am now getting some HD programming? Mind you this is not a problem was just curious. The picture always has looked better than the other sets in my house even with the old 2800 receive I had before connected via the svideo port.

VIP211
Dish 1000 and 500
Samsung 27" TX-P2775H direct view HDTV

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
garys said:
Most HD tv's are made to work well with HDMI or component connections, the rf, composites and s-video kind of fall by the wayside.
Thanks for the info, so it is all in the type of connection cables used. One thing, would getting those expensive moster cable be a good investment, or is it all hype? I mean the picture looks awsome now, would there be much more improvement in the picture? I paid $19.95 for the componet cables I am using now, could not really see paying over I believe it was $65 for the monster ones.

VIP211
Dish 1000 and 500

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHA ok thanks for the info :lol: :lol:

VIP211
Dish 1000 and 500

1 - 3 of 3 Posts