DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the ViP612 for about 1 month (new). Recently it has been acting unstable.

First, the sound will drop out. At this point, if I hit a button on the remote the picture will also drop out and the box crashes. If you let it sit for a few minutes it will reboot itself.

It has done this at least once per day for the last week.

Is this a firmware issue or do I need to get the unit swapped out for a new one?

Thanks.

·
Godfather
445 Posts
My 612 is stable unless I go into the screen option to add HD locals. When I have a OTA antenna hooked up and I am playing around with it will reboot. It did it yesterday when I exit the screen and went to change channels. It is good unless you try to use OTA stations then it reboots all the time. This is why I have my antenna hooked up directly to my TV, also the reception in NYC is pathetic at best and a real pain to pick up most stations 5 miles away unless they are religious garbage from NJ 15 miles away.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have an antenna hooked up to it, So I guess it could be that. I haven't noticed that the problems occurred while viewing or otherwise altering an OTA channel though. I'll look into that before I call.

It would be a shame really though. OTA HD has a better pq than Dish, and I want to use the DVR for OTA programs.

·
Godfather
481 Posts
Sometimes a hard-reboot (unplug the 612, wait a bit, plug it back in) will help.
Doesn't necessarily apply to this specific problem, but it does fix many cases where things suddenly start failing and there hasn't been a new software update.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wje said:
Sometimes a hard-reboot (unplug the 612, wait a bit, plug it back in) will help. Doesn't necessarily apply to this specific problem, but it does fix many cases where things suddenly start failing and there hasn't been a new software update.
Will I erase my timers if I hard reboot?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.