DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 2 VIP622, both over the 2 year contract.

#1 will not power on - Dead
#2 keeps saying the hard drive has failed. Once I hard reboot it will work for a week or so and then HD dies again.

I am also having problems with the guide data not showing and channels not working.

So basically it's time for the Dish guy to come and fix things. I have the Home protection plan. I also thought maybe this would be a good time to upgrade to a 722 on one and downgrade to a 625 on the other.

I called the local place here and they said Dish wont do a downgrade from a 622 to a 625, but I might try calling them. They said not to tell Dish that my 622's are dead and see if they will let me upgrade one and downgrade the other without a new contract.

I'm not so keen on that idea. I would like to be upfront with them and say... I have two 622's that are dead... what are my options?

Any suggestions?

Ron

· AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks P Smith...

I was manly wondering if I should really lie to them ( or lie by not telling them) about my defective 622's as suggested by the local dish place here.

I would worry that if I didn't tell them I had defective VIP's and then upgraded one and downgraded another... and then when they received my old ones... could I be charged? Well... now that I read what I was thinking, it seems silly.

I think I will just be upfront and tell them they are both dead and need replaced and ask them what my options are.

Ron

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
No point in downgrading to the 625 -- for the same $17 monthly fee you will lose access to HD channels, lose TV1 HD output, lose use of EHD on that receiver, lose remote management of timers, and lose ability to record OTA.

Since you're considering changing equipment, how many TVs need to be able to view something different at the same time, and how many of those are now or soon will be HD?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.