DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the new 622 for Dish, upgrading from two 811's and the CSR told me I could replace both these HD boxes with one 622. Based on my read of the forums it looks like the second TV would only recieve a SD feed. Is this correct?

My current configuration is, 1 Standard Defintion DVR and 2 811's, on a standard TV and 2 HDTV"s respectively. As a result would I be better off getting a second MPEG4 Tuner for my second HDTV, and making the standard definition TV TV2 for the 622?

Also, how do they make the connection to TV2? I assumed Coax but it looks like that may not be the case, the TV's are not near each other and hardwiring would be difficult.

Thanks for the help and great forum.

· Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
Terps_Fan said:
I just ordered the new 622 for Dish, upgrading from two 811's and the CSR told me I could replace both these HD boxes with one 622. Based on my read of the forums it looks like the second TV would only recieve a SD feed. Is this correct?

My current configuration is, 1 Standard Defintion DVR and 2 811's, on a standard TV and 2 HDTV"s respectively. As a result would I be better off getting a second MPEG4 Tuner for my second HDTV, and making the standard definition TV TV2 for the 622?

Also, how do they make the connection to TV2? I assumed Coax but it looks like that may not be the case, the TV's are not near each other and hardwiring would be difficult.

Thanks for the help and great forum.
No you cannot replace two 811's to two HDTV's with just one 622. TV1 output is HD but TV2 output is SD.

You might replace 1 811 and your SD DVR with 622.

TV2 can be RCA jacks.

A SD output of both TV1 and TV2 can be output to the home distribution (coax) connection. Separate output channels need to be picked.

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
Yes you make it through Coax or composite. With Coax, You set a channel on the 622 to output TV1 and TV2 to and then on your SD TV change the channel to the channel you set on your 622.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.