DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
using my own vip722. everything went great in setup but then it came to the broadband phone test page. I use cell phones and pay the 5.00 per month. Can't get rid of the page to continue.
So took my internet connection (at time I did not know u could use an interent connection, they just said phone) and plugged it in - broadband test fails. I am guessing it is because I need to go to setup and setup the network, but I can not get into setup, it is stuck on the test phone connection page.
Figured I would just do everything over, unplugged it - comes up tp same page.
Did a reset by holding in the power button - again, comes up to same page.
How do I get off that page or do a total reset and start over ?
Thanks for any info

· Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
mikintn said:
using my own vip722. everything went great in setup but then it came to the broadband phone test page. I use cell phones and pay the 5.00 per month. Can't get rid of the page to continue.
So took my internet connection (at time I did not know u could use an interent connection, they just said phone) and plugged it in - broadband test fails. I am guessing it is because I need to go to setup and setup the network, but I can not get into setup, it is stuck on the test phone connection page.
Figured I would just do everything over, unplugged it - comes up tp same page.
Did a reset by holding in the power button - again, comes up to same page.
How do I get off that page or do a total reset and start over ?
Thanks for any info
That is odd that a restart doesn't clear it. Can you access the Menu using the Menu button on the remote?
Have you tried pressing the System Information button on the Front Panel?

After you did the restarts, did the 015 Acquiring Signal pop-up appear?
You may also try to unplug the receiver, remove the SAT coax feeds, and then plug it back in with them still removed. After the restart is complete, repeat again with the SAT coax cables reconnected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.