DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a vip722k dvr with an external hard drive connected by usb. it works great. can watch saved content from the usb drive.

i want to copy the recordings off the usb hard drive onto my computer (pc). i am concerned that i may loose the content. dvr is starting to act up and the last time this happened the dvr would not recognize of play the external hard drive. the new dvr reformatted the usb drive and i lost all my old shows.

i once tried to plug usb into my computer and my computer reformatted the usb and i lost everything that time too.

· Super Moderator
54,208 Posts
You cannot play the content on any other device than a DISH device on your account. But if you do replace the receiver on your account the content should be able to be played on the new receiver.

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
To elaborate what James said -
You need to put your content that you want to keep on a USB harddrive. Then you need to replace the 722K with another DVR (probably a Hopper / Hopper Duo) without closing your account / opening a new account. After this you should be able to plug the USB harddrive into the new DVR and you should be able to play that content from the USB harddrive. You may also be able to copy it to the new DVR's harddrive.

OH - btw, the USB harddrive either needs to have its own power supply, or you should use a USB hub with it's own power supply to power your USB harddrive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.