DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another remote code question - I have the HR20 and the RC24 hooked up to a Visio 42" Gallevia LCD HDTV. I've tried codes 10178 and 11758 - and they work to control the TV's volume, channels, mute, and on/off but NOT the TV input function. It's important because I use it to switch to OTA for locals.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks!

·
Remote Master
1,818 Posts
Have you programmed the input key with the 960 procedure?

1. tv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-6-0

·
AllStar
63 Posts
jfolliard said:
another remote code question - I have the HR20 and the RC24 hooked up to a Visio 42" Gallevia LCD HDTV. I've tried codes 10178 and 11758 - and they work to control the TV's volume, channels, mute, and on/off but NOT the TV input function. It's important because I use it to switch to OTA for locals.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks!
Search the forum for "Vizio". There are many threads detailing thecodes.

Good luck.

·
AllStar
60 Posts
HaiChinGow said:
Search the forum for "Vizio". There are many threads detailing thecodes.

Good luck.
Unfortunately, I did the search and even cooresponded with a few posters and haven't gotten the Vizio codes to work correctly. In addition to not working the input function, I also can't turn the TV off with the TV power off button. The TV power on button seems to work as a toggle but the TV power off does nothing to the Vizio :(

·
Hall Of Fame
2,312 Posts
mooniac said:
Unfortunately, I did the search and even cooresponded with a few posters and haven't gotten the Vizio codes to work correctly. In addition to not working the input function, I also can't turn the TV off with the TV power off button. The TV power on button seems to work as a toggle but the TV power off does nothing to the Vizio :(
did you check codes at ezremote site http://www.ezremote.com/setupcodehelp/DTV/ProductSelection.php so far its worked for every TV of mine

·
Godfather
488 Posts
The best place for remote codes and support is here . Cehck the forums. It has never failed me yet.

·
AllStar
60 Posts
jgrade said:
The best place for remote codes and support is here . Cehck the forums. It has never failed me yet.
Thanks, that one gave me disappointing news from Edmund:

Code 10178 is the code in DTV oem remotes like RC16, RC23, and RC24. There are separate TV on & off keys on these remotes, with code 10178, they don't work. Only the Power key, which is a toggle.

·
Godfather
488 Posts
Sorry to here that. When will manfacturers learn that cunsumers want discrete codes for every function. It can't be that difficult.

·
Legend
173 Posts
Hi jfolliard,

I see that you have the Visio 42 LCD HDTV Gallevia. How do you like the TV using Directv. I'm in the process of researching this tv and upgrading my Directivo to Directv HD.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Frank

·
Godfather
340 Posts
mooniac said:
I have a 32" Vizio LCD in my bedroom. Same thing happened to me. On worked, VOL up & down worked and so did mute. Power off button did not work though. But I do have a fix.:D

1. Set the remote to TV. Point the remote away from the TV.
2. Press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. Enter 991, wait for two blinks
4. Enter 1
5. Point the remote toward the TV. Press POWER OFF
6. Keep pressing and releasing CH UP, if and when the TV turns off
7. Press SELECT to lock in code.

This method may work with the input button too. I have not tried it yet since I don't change inputs on my tv. I would try this first.

1. Set the remote to TV. Point the remote away from the TV.
3.enter 9-6-0

I will be trying this later when I get home and let you know if it worked for me or not. Good Luck:)

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Twosted said:
I have a 32" Vizio LCD in my bedroom. Same thing happened to me. On worked, VOL up & down worked and so did mute. Power off button did not work though. But I do have a fix.:D
Thanks for the info. I'll try it and let you know.

EDIT: I tried it and it worked to get power off working but no luck on input as of yet. Thanks, at least my wife will be happy with that one :)

·
Remote Master
1,818 Posts
To identify the code after codesearch, for future reference or to share with others, :) :

1. tv
3. enter 9-9-0
4. press #1, count the blinks, should be one
5. press #2, count the blinks
6. press #3, count the blinks
7. press #4, count the blinks
8. press #5, count the blinks

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Edmund said:
To identify the code after codesearch, for future reference or to share with others, :) :

1. tv
3. enter 9-9-0
4. press #1, count the blinks, should be one
5. press #2, count the blinks
6. press #3, count the blinks
7. press #4, count the blinks
8. press #5, count the blinks
For my Vizio L32HD I just tried that and got 10056. That seems to work everything properly except the TV input.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
mooniac said:
For my Vizio L32HD I just tried that and got 10056. That seems to work everything properly except the TV input.
Yea I tried the input too and no luck. If you like the D* remotes you could always order a RC32RF. From what I understand it has newer remote codes programed in.

·
Remote Master
1,818 Posts
Twosted said:
Yea I tried the input too and no luck. If you like the D* remotes you could always order a RC32RF. From what I understand it has newer remote codes programed in.
None of the new Vizio tv codes in the RC32 & RC32RF match tv codes 10178 & 10056. It doesn't surprise me that vizio uses many different manufacturers. So if your tv does respond to code 10178, then the new codes are useless.

·
Legend
218 Posts
djfrankie said:
Hi jfolliard,

I see that you have the Visio 42 LCD HDTV Gallevia. How do you like the TV using Directv. I'm in the process of researching this tv and upgrading my Directivo to Directv HD.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Frank
Frank, I have this TV as well and I will tell you that the picture is nothing short of magnificent with the HR20. I had the tv hooked up to straight cable using the tv's QAM tuner the picture looked great. But yesterday my HR20 was installed and the picture is just unbelievable. The TV has a bunch of inputs for all your components and for the price can't be beat. If you are on the fence about it I recommend that you buy it set it up in your house with an HR20 and let your eyes be the judge. It is an incredible TV for an unbelievable value.

JP

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frank - nothing but postives about my Visio Gallevia and HR20 - My first HDTV so nothing to compare with but I have absolutely no complaints. My HR20 has worked flawlessly since installation about 1 month ago - no incidences of the problems reported on this site.
Jack

·
Legend
173 Posts
Thanks Jack and JP for the input, most likely will get the Gallevia. The only problem I have right know is that nearest Costco is about 45 mins away and don't have a membership, I hope that BJ's (they have the L37) gets this model, if they don't I might just order it from Vizio directly.

Again, thanks for the info

frank

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.