DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was delighted to find out the RC24 remotes that came with my two HR20s were RF capable. I have set up one of my remotes for RF operation. While most of the functions do work via RF the volume control does not. TV Input does not work with RF either. Is this a problem with my remote or my setup, or is this the way it is supposed to work? Does anyone know? The TV in question is a Samsung LN-S2651. I have followed the instructions to set the volume control. It does work via IR. It seems odd that the all of the other functions would work with RF and volume control would not.

· Banned
686 Posts
Dewguy said:
I was delighted to find out the RC24 remotes that came with my two HR20s were RF capable. I have set up one of my remotes for RF operation. While most of the functions do work via RF the volume control does not. TV Input does not work with RF either. Is this a problem with my remote or my setup, or is this the way it is supposed to work? Does anyone know? The TV in question is a Samsung LN-S2651. I have followed the instructions to set the volume control. It does work via IR. It seems odd that the all of the other functions would work with RF and volume control would not.
The only device the remote speaks RF to is the HR20, so I am unsure what you mean when you say the TV Input and Volume buttons don't work with RF..

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it makes sense that TV specific functions don't work via RF. I would be nice if the volume control could be controlled via the audio output of the HR20 via RF. The RF mode seems kind of worthless if you can't control volume.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.