DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
btmoore said:
Just wanted to toss my 2 cents out there regarding getting your HR20 to work right.
Don't cut yourself short...this is worth at least 3 or 4 cents :)

Actually your analysis is very beneficial. I do think reformatting let me enter a manual recurring recording in that the prioritizer list may have been a mess between revisions. Beyond that, I do not have any hard and fast data. Once the prioritizer gets hosed again (ie next reboot) I am unable to enter a manual recurring with any hope of success. Sign.

I suspect, without any direct knowledge, that Directv changed a few parameters of the signal they are sending to avoid some of the lockups we've seen. Especially small changes that affected NFL games. I had no problems with ST today and none with watching Thursday's game on 95. Since we've not had a new release, I can only guess they've changed the datastream.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
Axecleaver said:
The best we can do is post our individual experiences, and look for commonalities.

I had a lot of the familiar problems with 0xFA, the worst of which was the live TV failing to come out of pause. The red button reset cleared up my trouble for a couple days, then came back.

I tried to do a reformat with customer service, but the key sequence wouldn't work for me. I'm willing to believe it was user error, but the CSR said she had some people whose boxes wouldn't reformat. We did the "reset everything" option from the menu, which she said is "the same thing" as a reformat (there are some differences, though). This wipes the drive of all recordings and settings, but keeps the last software update applied without having to re-download it.

After I did the "reset everything" things have been working very well. It's been 3 days so far.
Reformat and "reset everything" both leave the software downloaded, as it is stored in flash memory.

That said, there is at least one known difference. One, and I'm not sure which, brings up the initial setup screens again, the other does not.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.