DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
44 Posts
I've been one of the lucky ones... until recently. Given I have done nothing in the way or reformating and I've only had to do a hard reset once (I've had it for 6 weeks now).

However... to support the note about issues popping up randomly for no reason... just last night I found two recordings that, when played, went straight to "delete" or "don't delete", another that showed it recorded something but wouldn't play... and last night after coming back from watching a recorded show, I saw a play on the football game I wanted to see again... went to rewind the live buffer... it jumped back to the beginning of the buffer and froze. The only thing I could do is change the channel (lose buffer) and come back to it... but then I had lost interest.

So... it just goes to show the HR20 has issues all over the place. I agree w/ the multiple upgrade leads to instability path. It's clear D* rushed to market a box w/ as many Tivo like features it could w/o making those features stable.

I would like OTA enabled just as much as the next guy... however, I'm also concerned w/ the fact they're concentrating on getting that working and not fixing the issues they already have.

D* should've started small... made it rock solid and then added rock solid features from there... we would all be happy.

·
Mentor
44 Posts
Meklos said:
Did you / have you rebooted since your unit recorded the unwatchable shows? Were there / have there been any shows recorded between the unwatchable shows were recorded and the time you viewed them and the last reboot?

In other words, were there any successful recordings *after* the unwatchables were recorded but *before* a reset?
Yes... it has successfully recorded other shows since the unwatchables... and I haven't rebooted it since the last update (it froze up not longer after coming back after the update).

·
Mentor
44 Posts
Would it make sense, and it would it be possible, to keep a running tally of the similar issues we're having somewhere (somehow) on the forum... w/o all the conversation detail?

It seems we all have problems, many of them similar... where if we kept direct track up them someone could present them to D* and say hey... 95/100 HR20 owners had one or more BSOD in the past day / week / month, etc... 80/100 had to reboot... etc...

I would suspect D* is keeping track of this on their own for those who actually call customer service (at least they should be), but I know most of us don't as we have better things to do than wait on hold.

Perhaps something like the Wishlist Survey... but w/ questions polling the top 10 or 20 issues we have that can keep a running tally.

Just a thought...

·
Mentor
44 Posts
Meklos said:
I've asked for a sticky listing the current bugs, and Earl said he's trying to figure out a good way to do it.
Cool... that's a start. In addition to that I think keeping track of the number of occurances could be helpful (hopefully to someone).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.