DBSTalk Forum banner

So what should we talk about now that OTA is being rolled out?

• Getting Dual Live Buffers by Christmas.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting Dual Live Buffers by February.

Votes: 45 38.5%
  • Getting Dual Live Buffers by Summer.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Anything but Dual Live Buffers.

Votes: 14 12.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1. Getting Dual Live Buffers by Christmas.
2. Getting Dual Live Buffers by February.
3. Getting Dual Live Buffers by Summer.
4. Anything but Dual Live Buffers.

:D

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
jaywdetroit said:

5. All of the above?

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
I said by summer because my guess is that this is more complicated than people think, and as well there are perhaps still issue we'll need to deal with/work on.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
iacas said:
5. All of the above?
If you select all of the above, then you are selecting #4, which means don't talk about #1, #2, #3

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
If you select all of the above, then you are selecting #4, which means don't talk about #1, #2, #3
I was being sarcastic, Earl, c'mon. :p

Choosing a release date from a consumer standpoint is silly. If we all got our way, we'd have had it since the release and the box would operate perfectly. :p

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
As long as it's before next year's football season, I'd be happy.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
I would like to see remote connection for setting up recordings from remote locations before dual live buffers.

It is the only thing I miss about the HR10-250.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
Hey, let's talk about enabling DVR functions, you know like setting up recordings, and then being able to watch them! That would be a really cool feature! Seriously, though, I would really prefer that they just got the thing working before adding features.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I say, let's concentrate on coming up with a "missing manual" kind of thing, an aggregate of the "tips and tricks" and "troubleshooting" guides that are being developed independently. I could see them being part of a "highly moderated" subforum where we could all contribute threads to fix or deal with the little issues, like:

When to Reset
Where did this TiVo feature go?
What do I do when it has this bug

I think that new users would appreciate it and it might cut down on the duplicate posts.

you know, or, we could sit around and chand DLB DLB a lot, I like that idea too.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
561 Posts
I choose DLB by Christmas, just so we can scream some more when it's not here by then. ;)

Seriously though, now that OTA is here (well, almost), DLB is my most wanted feature. It's the feature that allows my HR10-250 to go to eBay.

·
Legend
108 Posts
I don't use the dual buffers like some. The ONLY reason I am on the HR20 is for more content. If MPEG4 is the only way to get that content, then sooner is better than later.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
lamontcranston said:
I say, let's concentrate on coming up with a "missing manual" kind of thing, an aggregate of the "tips and tricks" and "troubleshooting" guides that are being developed independently.
If you have any missing troubleshooting tips (and since I have only two or three problem/solution pairs, there have to be a LOT out there), please submit them for inclusion. It's wide open this early.

As to working with Craig, I think that so long as he and I work to avoid any overlap, maintaining them separately may be the better way to go. We will each approach the formatting differently and can eventually learn what everyone likes when given the choice(s). We can also spend more time on each guide than if we were tasked with the overhead of communication.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I think it is possible to have DLB by Feruary but thinking that D* will wait till Summer. After the birds have flown.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
jaywdetroit said:

Getting Dual Live Buffers by Christmas? You people are crazy! :hurah:

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
iacas said:
If you have any missing troubleshooting tips (and since I have only two or three problem/solution pairs, there have to be a LOT out there), please submit them for inclusion. It's wide open this early.

As to working with Craig, I think that so long as he and I work to avoid any overlap, maintaining them separately may be the better way to go. We will each approach the formatting differently and can eventually learn what everyone likes when given the choice(s). We can also spend more time on each guide than if we were tasked with the overhead of communication.
On that subject, I read your PDF and if I have some time I'll send you some ideas. Be careful with the use of the D* logo and the HR20 image, though. There's definitely a copyright issue in play and it would suck if your efforts got slammed down by some lawyer.

·
Icon
728 Posts
Well until everyone has OTA, 99% of us still have something to complain about. A bit premature putting this poll out. :D But I vote #4, since I highly doubt DTV will activate that functionality and I'm sure Earl will agree with that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.