DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early Bird Special!
Atlanta's WAGA-TV Fox 5 Starts Morning News at 4:30 a.m. (ET)

WAGA-TV really knows how to work its employees: the early morning crew's hours have now been pushed back a half hour and the news operation now starts at 4:30 a.m.

Suchita Vadlamani, who already is on air from 5 a.m. until 9 a.m. each day, last week started working with Jeff Hill as co anchors at 4:30 a.m. Hill, the meteorologist from 5 to 9 a.m., also does "Good Day Xtra" at 9 a.m., which launched last fall.

Several Fox affiliates are trying this, said WAGA-TV General Manager Gene McHugh.

"People's commutes are starting earlier and earlier," he said, echoing why WSB-AM radio has been starting its news programming at 4:30 a.m. as well.
More @ Access Atlanta

I suppose this means that folks on the west coast with distant locals can catch Atlanta's morning news when they get up at 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. :p

·
Icon
928 Posts
Nick said:
Early Bird Special!

More @ Access Atlanta

I suppose this means that folks on the west coast with distant locals can catch Atlanta's morning news when they get up at 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. :p
Actually if "we" here in GA are going to get the broadcast starting at 4:30am EST. People on the westcoast will see it at 1:30am just a hour and half past midnight. People with Distant network get a very early look. If they wake up at 7:30 or 8am on the westcoast its already 10:30am or 11am here in GA! :D

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I meant -- left coasters can watch morning news from the 'Big A' before they go to bed! :p

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
In L.A., KABC, KNBC, and KTLA all start their morning news at 4:30 -- I think they've had that start time for a while now (it's been at least a couple years for KNBC).

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
trainman said:
In L.A., KABC, KNBC, and KTLA all start their morning news at 4:30 -- I think they've had that start time for a while now (it's been at least a couple years for KNBC).
They just hate that the rest of the country has a 3 hour jump on them :lol::lol::lol::lol:

WAGA starting a half hour earlier in the AM isn't going to help. It just means that we will get an extra half hour of junk news.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
4:30am? Morning News? That's almost still nighttime.. not morning. ;)

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
Nick said:
Early Bird Special!

More @ Access Atlanta

ABC7 & NBCBAYAREA started doing their morning newscasts at 4:300 AM last year.. KRON4 (Ind) started at 4 AM two years ago. They go until 10 AM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.