DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I won't get my replacement HR-20 till Tuesday. I finally got a good tracking number from the CSR at D*.

Due to the mixup in the OMS, I have two replacement HR-20's enroute to me. I will hold on to the extra one for a spare until they start screaming for it back. :D

My plan is to do a forced update at first power up, then let it boot, then do a complete reformat, and then hope for the best.

Any additional recommendations to ensure a good clean start on the new box?

·
AllStar
80 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Why do you want to completely reformat a new HR20? I would just install it, let it boot, and force a software update by entering 0 2 4 6 8 when the first boot screen appears.
I got my replacement HR20 today -- notified DTV on Thursday. They shipped FED EX ground from Memphis and surprised when Fed Ex knocked on the door.

It booted fine -- then immediately downloaded 10B.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would have gotten mine today as well if D* had not dropped the ball getting the order into their second OMS system.:nono2:

I want to do a full reset because it seems that people that have done this have better luck.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got my replacement unit (actually I got two due to the OMS system screwup) per the wife. :bang She said they must be refurbs because they came in plain boxes inside and out. She did say they look brand new with all the manuals, remote, cables etc. One has a manuf. date of September the other October.

I will have to wait till after work to see if one of them works!:(

The second one will be my spare untill D* starts screaming for it back.:righton:

Here is what I will be doing to the bad unit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.