DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 4 technician visits and finally a 5th occurrence of the same issue. So we have had the exact same issue 5 times in less than 365 days and dish network was never able to get rid of this issue that would pop up after various upgrades of the hopper. I called dish to cancel and they don't seem to want to remove this early termination fee. I feel 5 occurrences of the exact same issue in less than 365 days is enough to where dish should remove the fee. has anyone had success getting them to remove this fee? Its not the money, its the point that the equipment did not work properly and caused me lots of aggravation, lost functionality, and failure on their part from the service tech up to support and now customer retention. Is the ceo email still a thing? I cant imagine that a supplier to dish would be allowed to have 5 failures in a year with the same issue.

Ive spoken with 3 people and all have said no removal of the fee.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
What is the issue and can you be more specific as to the time line? "Less than 365 days" is vague.

· AllStar
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Issue is that the joeys would stop displaying video (guide info and changing channels worked but no video from a program just a black screen) and the hopper would lose ota local channels. This seemed to happen after software upgrades to the hopper as the software date on the hopper would always be a date right before the outage and the joeys software date would be much older. The timeline is that in the last 365 days this exact same issue has happened 5 times. 4 of those a tech was sent out and the last time a few days ago I decided to cancel without calling out another tech.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
Did it run well for most of the year and then fail several times in the past couple of months or fail every 2-3 months since you got the service? What sort of attempts did they make before dispatching a tech and did the tech replace the Joeys or just get them working?

In general once you have used the service it is very hard to cancel without an early termination fee. It may be easier to get your new provider to cover the fee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts