DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar/Supporter
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was some speculation about this about a month or so ago, but from what I seen tonight it looks like the speculation is over. Our newest supercenter's electronic department had price cards for RCA DP301 recievers (with and without the dish). Price for a 301 without dish was $124.86 and with dish was $194.44. Didn't actually see any in stock yet though and I didn't have time to ask an associate about them. What I thought was kind of amusing was the price cards were positioned on the shelf right beneath the DirecTV poster board!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,580 Posts
I have seen others bash Wal-Mart and their efforts to sell this technology. Not to bash but...Here in Vegas on Tropicana @ Pecos, the WalMart has a DirecTV kiosk in the back of the electronics department. It is beaten and worn. There are pamphlets on the kiosk with a limited time offer. Free installation w/purchase! (Offer expires 3/23/02, almost three months ago). Of course, asking the 18 yr. old "associate" any questions re: features or how to's would be futile.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
With those price WalMart wont get much sales. 301s are $89-$99 at Sams Club and Sears.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
No E* in any of the Walmarts around here yet, Some RatShacks are have demo 301s, but thats it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
I heard that WalMart matches the competitor's prices. I know my friend has printed off a page off of the internet advertising a game for $25 that WalMart was selling for like $40, and they matched it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.