DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Godfather
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really do not want somebody in the attic again let alone hear the moaning from an installer again. Is it possible to split my wall mount in the livingroom to directly the other side of the wall being that is a bedroom?

Also the last time I moved the power inserter for deca it was a nightmare, I would like to leave it where it is with the broadband adapter...but not that HR24 and TV.

TIA

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
revolg said:
You can leave it alone and terminate the to receiver part. Or you could use it behind a receiver.
This is NOT recommended.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
revolg said:
correct me if im not wrong but, if you use a swm-16 the legacy ports arnt recommended neither by dtv. so what does it matter??
In this case it's because the legacy ports are -10 dB from the input of the SWiM-16, so the receivers connected won't have as much signal power.

· AllStar
58 Posts
well i knew that, the other day put a 34 in and had to use a swim 16, the lady had a r15, but we was out of stock of r16's at the warehouse, but they made me search 3 hrs for a r16 because they wont allow legacy equipment to be used if you swim a system. it was a mess! but oh well lol.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
veryoldschool said:
By who????
This comes directly from DirecTV:

They can't tell you to do this and then claim it's not "recommended". :nono:
that is exactly what I meant. DirecTV does not recommend using the SIGNAL to IRD port on the PI. dont know why you got confused.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
revolg said:
You can leave it alone and terminate the to receiver part. Or you could use it behind a receiver.
peds48 said:
This is NOT recommended.
peds48 said:
that is exactly what I meant. DirecTV does not recommend using the SIGNAL to IRD port on the PI. dont know why you got confused.
While it may have been what you meant, it didn't come across that way with the way you replied to this quote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.