DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to use a Wally to connect to a DishPro Plus 129 Triple LNB Integrated LNBF 1000 with a built in DP34 Multi Switch connected to another DPP44 Multi Switch in the middle (See wire diagram attached). In doing some research I found that in order to use the Wally I needed the DPP44 as I needed the power Inserter. I am trying to use this for some tailgating, but I cannot get a signal and it fails. I am hoping that someone here can verify that my setup will indeed work and second that my connections are correct via the diagram. I feel like it is with the exception of the LNB input, my understanding is that when the DPP44 is used that this automatically becomes disabled, but I wanted to verify with the group. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
That's a long away around for a setup that only needs a single coax from one of the output ports to the Wally. The LNB input port is only used if you have a second "side" dish that's sometimes used in limited line of sight installations.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,478 Posts
NYDutch is correct - all YOU need with a single Wally is a single coax from the triple LNB direct to your Wally. Just make sure you are one of the output ports and not the INPUT port.

Aiming - put some Aluminum foil over the 2 OUTSIDE LNBs. Set the SKEW (tilt) of the dish and LEAVE IT ALONE. Now aim that middle LNB to hit the 119 slot - use transponders from 5 up that say TRANSPONDER ( not Spot beam). Once you maximize the 119 signal, take the foil off of the other 2 LNBs. Then do a "Test Switch Installation".

Just curious, if this is for a tailgating situation, why don't you just get the self aiming solution from Dish ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a long away around for a setup that only needs a single coax from one of the output ports to the Wally. The LNB input port is only used if you have a second "side" dish that's sometimes used in limited line of sight installations.
Thank you for the reply and guidance. So if only using one output, I assume since it has a built in switch it will still be able to leverage all 3 satellites ? 110,119,129?

Also, in this case I do not need the power inserter?, as I originally thought which is why I got the DPP44 Multi Switch in the first place.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NYDutch is correct - all YOU need with a single Wally is a single coax from the triple LNB direct to your Wally. Just make sure you are one of the output ports and not the INPUT port.

Aiming - put some Aluminum foil over the 2 OUTSIDE LNBs. Set the SKEW (tilt) of the dish and LEAVE IT ALONE. Now aim that middle LNB to hit the 119 slot - use transponders from 5 up that say TRANSPONDER ( not Spot beam). Once you maximize the 119 signal, take the foil off of the other 2 LNBs. Then do a "Test Switch Installation".

Just curious, if this is for a tailgating situation, why don't you just get the self aiming solution from Dish ?
So does this still use all 3 Sats? 110,119, 129 when complete? So I don't need the power inserter? It sounds as though I do not. Just confirming.

Thank you for the reply and detailed guidance. This super helpful! To answer your question, I was hearing on some forums that the self aiming solution had some issues, however it looks like I may have been reading on an older solution. Sort of which I went with the Self aiming solution at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Thank you for the reply and guidance. So if only using one output, I assume since it has a built in switch it will still be able to leverage all 3 satellites ? 110,119,129?

Also, in this case I do not need the power inserter?, as I originally thought which is why I got the DPP44 Multi Switch in the first place.

Thanks again!
Yes, you'll still receive all three sats. The LNB has a built in switch. No power inserter needed, the LNB is powered by the receiver.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
I am trying to use a Wally to connect to a DishPro Plus 129 Triple LNB Integrated LNBF 1000 with a built in DP34 Multi Switch...
The switch built into the LNB is a DPP43 (up to four satellite slots feeding three DPP receivers), not a DP34 (three slots serving four DP tuners). Whomever put the diagram together with the text made a booboo.

I use a similar setup at my home away from home where I plug a ViP211k straight into the LNB. No switches or wall warts required.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,982 Posts
I have a Wally I use in 5th Wheel with tailgater. I now wish to use it in off season on a triple LNB. Can I use the Wally to aim the dish and how do I change the Wally from Tailgater to triple lnb?
Run a check switch with no dish connected (clears matrix) connect to dish and run another check switch. Not sure about the first question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Run a check switch with no dish connected (clears matrix) connect to dish and run another check switch. Not sure about the first question.
Running "Check Switch" now with no dish hooked up. Will see if it works.
Do you know the AZ, EL, Skew for 86324 I have been trying to get the starting dish settings but can not seem to find it.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Running "Check Switch" now with no dish hooked up. Will see if it works.
Do you know the AZ, EL, Skew for 86324 I have been trying to get the starting dish settings but can not seem to find it.
Dish Setup Data
Elevation: 48.8°
Azimuth (true): 191.9°
Azimuth (magn.): 181.7°
Dish Skew [?]: 99.8°

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ran Wally with no Dish hooked up. Still could not aim. So took Wally to where there was a triple Lnb aimed and working. It worked perfectly. So went back to new location and replaced 3 LNB with new one and still could not aim.

·
Super Moderator
53,492 Posts
How did you aim the dish? If you have the dish set correctly you may have to make adjustments to get a signal. The numbers are a starting point.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts