DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Superfly
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a H-23 on the shelf in my bedroom closet. It controls the TV just the other side of the wall. I leave a lot of air around it for heat to vent but I do store my slippers on top of it. When I take my slippers down from the shelf, they are toasty. I love the comfy feeling they give me when I first put them on.

Thank you, DirecTV, for my warm slippers.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,285 Posts
Carl Spock said:
I have a H-23 on the shelf in my bedroom closet. It controls the TV just the other side of the wall. I leave a lot of air around it for heat to vent but I do store my slippers on top of it. When I take my slippers down from the shelf, they are toasty. I love the comfy feeling they give me when I first put them on.

Thank you, DirecTV, for my warm slippers.

:icon_lol:

·
Icon
642 Posts
Nice Carl. That started my day off well. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
Somebody on this board will find a way to complain about this. :sure:

"Directv should provide free slippers to every customer...how can they treat their customers that way..."

·
Tain't ogre til its ogre
15,654 Posts
Excellent creative use of an STB. We should consider having a contest to see who has the most creative use of an STB (undocumented feature, so to speak). :) Thanks Carl, you made me smile!

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
davemayo said:
Somebody on this board will find a way to complain about this. :sure:

"Directv should provide free slippers to every customer...how can they treat their customers that way..."
Depends if the slippers are sole up.

·
Difficulty Concen........
7,395 Posts
Ok, I have a personal admittance here.
My bedroom unit, HR20-700 #2 sits on my wooden drawer chest directly above my underwear drawer.
I get warm undies each morning no matter the outside temps. The drawer stays at at least 85deg or better with the box over it. And I have a Taurgus on it already.
It has been the main roadblock in my moving this unit into the closet with the rest of the equipment.
I enjoy warmed underwear, who wouldn't?

·
Superfly
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha-ha! I'm not the only one!

And I just put my slippers on first thing this morning. Even though the receiver has been off all night, they're nice and warm.

·
Superfly
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hell, yes. Leather UGGs I got years ago, really a moccasin with cushy innards and a hard sole. They no longer make them and these are wearing out. I'll find a moccasin substitute but nothing has popped up that I like when I've looked before.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.