DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im watching it on VH-1 right, now and boy am I getting ticked Most of the bands mentioned thus far I like. Anyone else see this movie?

·
Godfather
440 Posts
I liked it. It was better than I expected, and I'm glad I watched.

Mariel Hemmingway was great as Tipper Gore, and Griffin Dunne was suprisingly good as Frank Zappa.

Dee Snider was obviously 17 years older than he was when he testified before congress originally, but the neat touch that he played himself made that little "problem" well worth it!

I remember watching the Senate hearings on CSPAN when they occured. Although severely shortned, the depection of the senate hearings were really accurate. I believe the dialog for the hearings was taken verbatim from Senate transcripts.

The sappy bubbling romance between the two lawyers was, I'm sure, a total artistic fabrication, however I thought the historical stuff was pretty accurate.

The closing theme, which had all the main caracters gyrating to "We're not gonna take it", and in some cases, especially Ms. Hemmingway, still in costume, if not in character as Tipper, quite suggestively, was a hoot!

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Dee Snyder use to live next to me, I use to see him all the time. He has a morning radio show here in Hartford on WMRQ.

Last time I saw him I asked him how come I never see him hanging around anymore and he told me he's now doing his show out of New York (although its still only airing in Connecticut)

Hes a cool guy.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
I heard an interview where some Canadian DJ (on the phone?)tried to tell Dee that by getting all involved in the internet Dee was trying to act young. Where Dee said, "No, I'm just not afraid of technology and he finds it interesting" and then threatens to come up to Canada and pay the guy a visit. :smoking:

716 Posts
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
Dee Snyder use to live next to me, I use to see him all the time. He has a morning radio show here in Hartford on WMRQ.

Hes a cool guy.
Scott is now officially the coolest guy on the forum :righton:

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I will just say that he was actually laid back everytime I talked to him. Eveytime I have seen him or talked to him I can't picture him from his Twisted Sister Days.

You can read more about Dee and his Hartford show at http://www.deesniderradio.com

Maybe Next time I run into him I will see if he will do a pic holding a DBStalk.COM sign. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts