DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I waited since July 3rd for my receiver, I have called and talked to numerous employees. I also talked to two supervisors. The last supervisor promised me that since it was early enough in the day, my replacement receiver would be sent to me 2 day air. That was October 30th. Needless to say, it never arrived. It also is noted on my account. Now every time I call, they say they will transfer me to a supervisor and then they tell me 1. the supervisor is out to lunch, or 2. I will have to go to their voice mail. 3/4's the time the voice mail is full.

I love my sirius programming but this warranty exchange is ridiculous.

They sent me an e-mail on September 29th, telling me they had my new Sportster Replay. They have had my receiver since October 3rd. This is bull in my opinion. I have *****ed and *****ed. Then I called up Sirius customer support and all they can do is tell me to take it up with the warranty department.

The worst part is, now when I get my replacement receiver my original 1 year warranty will run out in December, so I will have no new warranty when and if I ever get this new receiver.

Any help?

·
Godfather
400 Posts
Well, if no one gives you any ideas or alternative phone numbers for someone at Sirius that can help you I would give the attorney general a call, it's amazing how quickly things get resolved when a company gets a call or letter from the attorney.

·
Hall Of Fame
21,331 Posts
I just swapped my XM receiver, which was defective when I bought it. It took under 2 weeks from shipping out to receiving the replacement. It went through Delphi, not XM. Did you send it to the manufacturer or to Sirius?

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Interesting exchange...
"Well, if no one gives you any ideas...I would give the attorney general a call, it's amazing
how quickly things get resolved when a company gets a call or letter from the attorney."

"Yeah but the cost for that could be all but the cost of what a new receiver would cost!"

"You don't pay the attorney general, he/she is already getting paid by your tax dollars."
Hmmm! :scratch:

·
Godfather
400 Posts
Richard King said:
I just swapped my XM receiver, which was defective when I bought it. It took under 2 weeks from shipping out to receiving the replacement. It went through Delphi, not XM. Did you send it to the manufacturer or to Sirius?
Good point. Usually you need to contact the maker of the receiver to get it fixed, not Sirius.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.