DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was JUST offered Free Upgrade on my 3900, just took it - p143 now!

anyone knows what this one all about?
there was some talk of locals showing up below channel 100 on Open receivers...
is that it?

thanks

·
AllStar/Supporter
88 Posts
Just received P143 on my 3900 as well. This is the upgrade that maps LIL channels to the OTA 2-69 channels. Be warned though if you enter a 1 or 2 digit channel that isn't used it will go to channel 100 (Dish Home) after a short pause. Some people have found this a bit "annoying".

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone receiving those locals on lower channels already ( on any model IRD ) - does 110 has to be connected too to receive those locals - or it is not nessesary as they come to EPG from 119?

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by J Rath
Just received P143 on my 3900 as well. This is the upgrade that maps LIL channels to the OTA 2-69 channels. Be warned though if you enter a 1 or 2 digit channel that isn't used it will go to channel 100 (Dish Home) after a short pause. Some people have found this a bit "annoying".
so this is the upgrade?
are you receiving locals now between 2-69 already?

only subscibers to those locals get them in the lower EPG or what?

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well - the upgrade did something at least:

was on High channel - and pressed single digit # - and it took me to the current lowest one - which was 101...
Before it was never doing it...

Time to go to the basement - and hook 110 (instead of 61.5) to sw21 - and then see what happens if any different :)

should be good test to try that Dish Home Baseball and Soccer too - mentioned by J Rath in another thread :)

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone knows in order to get locals in lower EPG (2-69) - do those locals have to be on the spot beam satellite/tp or non-spot beam locals appear between 2-69 also?
thanks

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
It has nothing to do with spot beams or the satellite your locals come from. The change is being made to the OpenTV receivers 3900, 4900, 301, 501/508 to allow the local channel number (13) to be used as a seamless pointer to the Dish channel (8xxx). All other receivers will continue to tune locals via the 8000 range.

To see which locals come from which satellite see Dish Locals in 38 cities or the giant Dish Channel List

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for reply...
i know all you said - but was actually asking about somewhat different....ya i know all those EKB links too...

My situation is somewhat different though...
I think I ll just wait for the TNGTony to come back :) - cuz he knows my situation...

thanks again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.