DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for anyone that can help.

With my SD Tivo I could pause one program then swtich the tuner to another channel and pause the program on the second tuner. Basically by doing so I could watch 2 programs simultaneously by just switch the tuner back and forth.

However, with my new HR20, I cannot figure out how to switch the tuners. Does anyone know what I am talking about here and if so does the HR20 have the same feature? I know you can record 2 programs at once but how can you pause and switch both programs at once?

·
Godfather
488 Posts
The HR-20 does not have dual live buffers like the TiVo. It is not possible without using one of the tricks in the sticky above. Look at the tips and tricks to see how to watch two "live" programs.

·
Icon
731 Posts
Really you can only record one and watch the live one and the recorded one later... or record both and watch them later.

·
Godfather
488 Posts
I think the point of the question was to be able to pause between live buffers so he could watch both tuners without loosing the buffer (pause and arrow down on the TiVo). The Hr-20 can't do that. The trick above is basically to record both and switch between the to recordings just like having two live buffers.

Slyster, I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or something else.

·
Legend
109 Posts
glennb said:
I'm not to sure they can just decide to implement it or not.
With as much disk space as the HR20 has, it should be able to do it with the proper software. Now, as we all know, "proper software" seems to be a relative term with this device... :nono2:

I AM an early adopter.. I AM an early adopter..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.