DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hr20-700 (have 2 other HR20-100 which are fine).

When watching ANY Ku channel live everything is fine, if I "rewind" back into the buffer it's all pixellated when playing back.

This is ONLY happening on the Ku channels either SD or HD. When watching any of the Ka channels it's fine.

Update: Before I saved this message I removed the eSata drive and am on the internal drive and it seems to be fine now,

Why would eSata cause pixelization ONLY on Ku ? It's been fine for months.

· Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I put the external eSata on one of the other HR20-100's and it worked fine. :scratch: then I put it back on the HR20-700 where it was problematic and it worked fine there too. :scratch:

Maybe it just needed to be power cycled (the eSata that is). But why would it only effect Ku and not Ka programming?

I also discovered that moving an eSata drive to another HD-DVR saves all the info in the prioritizer. I guess that data is saved on the hard-drive. The programming from the other DVR was there too but wouldn't play (which I expected). I thought moving from 1 DVR to another automatically erased all the programming ..... it didn't, the titles were still there. The fact the season passes, history and todo list survived the move was a surprise to me.

· Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like I am talking to myself. :D Left the eSata on overnight and it seems to be still showing the same problem but very slightly.

Incog-Neato said:
Update: I put the external eSata on one of the other HR20-100's and it worked fine. :scratch: then I put it back on the HR20-700 where it was problematic and it worked fine there too. :scratch:

Maybe it just needed to be power cycled (the eSata that is). But why would it only effect Ku and not Ka programming?

I also discovered that moving an eSata drive to another HD-DVR saves all the info in the prioritizer. I guess that data is saved on the hard-drive. The programming from the other DVR was there too but wouldn't play (which I expected). I thought moving from 1 DVR to another automatically erased all the programming ..... it didn't, the titles were still there. The fact the season passes, history and todo list survived the move was a surprise to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.