DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest replacement HR20 arrived yesterday. I have some time today to swap them out and setup all the season passes on the new one. However Becky still has a few shows on the old one she'd like to watch, and won't have time to do so until Monday. I can hook the old box up to the TV in the bedroom, but there are no sat line drops there.

So before I make an assumption that could get me in trouble, can anyone confirm that the HR20 will let you watch recorded shows despite power up without a sat feed? I seem to remember the HR10-250 wouldn't let you on the first software release, but later they added a 14 day window I think.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
My HR20 would not let you do anything on boot up without the satellite feed, at least it wouldn't a couple of updates ago, so I could not look at
old" recordings - I suspect this issue is not high on their list of problems to fix.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
You may have to connect it to the sat lines to at least get it to start up, mine wouldn't start up at all until it was connected to the dish. You may be able to disconnect it after startup, but then may get the "Searching for satellite" message while watching. Or you might be able to get it to work with just one line connected...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.