DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a replacement HR20 and I want to watch what's been recorded (OK, Wife and kids:lol: ).
I first tested the unit by unplugging the sat cables and while it did say searching I was able to view the things I recorded....like it was have rain fade...

I plugged in connected it to the TV's other input, it will go through the startup and sit on searching for sat...then it gives up...said updating guide. I can then hit LIST, in the meanwhile it still saids updating guide or something.

I can see the items in the list, but as soon as you select it the unit locks up. The -- worked because I thought it was a bad recording.

With my old SAT-T60 tivo unit, you could go straight to the playlist and play what's been recorded.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
E* PVR's work the same way. Unplug the sat cables and watch whats o the HDD. I have my PVR box from when I left E* and there are still some programs on there that I an watch.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
nevetsgne said:
I got a replacement HR20 and I want to watch what's been recorded (OK, Wife and kids:lol: ).
I first tested the unit by unplugging the sat cables and while it did say searching I was able to view the things I recorded....like it was have rain fade...

I plugged in connected it to the TV's other input, it will go through the startup and sit on searching for sat...then it gives up...said updating guide. I can then hit LIST, in the meanwhile it still saids updating guide or something.

I can see the items in the list, but as soon as you select it the unit locks up. The -- worked because I thought it was a bad recording.

With my old SAT-T60 tivo unit, you could go straight to the playlist and play what's been recorded.
Had the same problem yesterday. Lost our signal during strong winds. Tried to play a recorded show and the system locked up every time I selected play. Did notice on the info screen for each show that I tried to play that the program showed as scheduled to record on a date in the past rather than it was recorded on the past date. The problem may have something to do with the receiver getting the time and date from the SATs. My guess is that if the receiver doesn't have the time and date, then it gets confused and won't allow you to play a recorded program. Probably a coding issue. I was able to play recorded shows with no SAT feed on my 2 R10s, just not the HR20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.