DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to be a recurring problem for the last few days. First it was the ABC local and this morning it's CNBC! Any ideas what's going on at D* to be causing this? Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
From Sixto's Report it looks like they moved a bunch of channels around on the transponders this morning and there may have been some disruption in service as everything synced back up.

I was watching CNBC this morning getting ready for work at right at 6am it dropped. That must have been when they made the switch.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Funny, I'd just inquired about how things looked during a switch, just hadn't seen this thread.

6am is the normal time for any changes. In this case, CNBC moved from DirecTV10 to DirecTV12.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,728 Posts
mreposter said:
From Sixto's Report it looks like they moved a bunch of channels around on the transponders this morning and there may have been some disruption in service as everything synced back up.

I was watching CNBC this morning getting ready for work at right at 6am it dropped. That must have been when they made the switch.
When it dropped what did you see? A 771 error?

Did changing the channel and changing it back return CNBC?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,711 Posts
I turned on CNBC about 5:45am and right as the 6:00am show began the channel went black. No error, just zap to black. I changed to several other channels and one of my locals and everything seemed fine, but CNBC was still just black, so I stayed on my local station for the news. When I flipped back about 5 minutes later there was the "we are experiencing technical difficulties" screen. When I went to take a shower around 6:20 it was still on the "technical difficulties" screen.

I didn't try rebooting the receiver, nor did I try the box in the other room. I assumed the problem would be fixed by the time I stopped by the house at lunch and it was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.