DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Icon
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just was on channel 111 there is a message on there that says it will no longer be available as of dec 31st

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
It probably didn't get much use. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, they're freeing up some bandwidth to throw on an additional HD channel or two before the new sats go up? NFLST ends December 31st as well...

·
Legend
101 Posts
Jeremy W said:
It probably didn't get much use. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, they're freeing up some bandwidth to throw on an additional HD channel or two before the new sats go up? NFLST ends December 31st as well...
Oh CRAP! Tell that to my kids. The first thing my son learned using the remote was 111 (my 3.5 year old just watches whatever he puts on). It was tough enough making him understand why it didn't work on Sundays during football season...

Oh yeah, before anyone jumps down my throat, he's 7 and allowed 1/2-1 hour of TV on a school night (after homework). Weekends are more flexible. He's a helluva baseball and hockey player to boot. :D So, NO... his life does not revolve around the tube. ;)

--Mike

·
AllStar
57 Posts
Personally I watch the new alot and 102 has some advantages. IF they must drop any of the mixed channels to make more room, I would suggest that they drop the News and Sports before the Kids mix.
I'm old and smart enough to kinda know where to tune to get info.
If I were a kid today the mix channel would be like a candy store to me.
I would imagine that some kids watch the mix more than switching from 1 to 2 channels. There they can switch between 1 to 6 to keep up with all of them.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I guess that's where bandwidth for the Style Channel is coming from.

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Barmat said:
I love the news mix channel. Each to their own.
In the good old Russia where I came from - Kids come first (priority-wise)!

I am really disappointed at D*. Where are your priorities? How can you do this to us?

:nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
cbeckner80 said:
Not that it bothers me about it's demise, but how do they know it's not getting much use.
Your receiver reports your viewing habits to DirecTV during the monthly call. There is an option in your account on DirecTV's website to disable this.

·
Legend
165 Posts
Another reason may be that you could watch BabyFirst in a little window. It is supposed to be a pay channel.

untouchable said:
Actually, D* dropped it for what Jeremy said...it wasn't getting much use...

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
employee3 said:
Another reason may be that you could watch BabyFirst in a little window. It is supposed to be a pay channel.
DirecTV is the one who controls the mix channel, so that was definitely done on purpose. And I highly doubt that anyone who cared about that channel would use that little window instead of subscribing to the channel. The Sports Mix also contains NBA TV, which is a pay channel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.