DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Godfather/Supporter
444 Posts
I suspect I'll always have some form of TiVo in the house as long as it's a viable option, even if the merger goes through and the DirecTV TiVo is no longer supported.

I have a 501 and a Dishplayer, a standalone TiVo, and 2 DirecTV TiVo receivers, and the TiVo software meets my needs better than the Dish Network receivers do. In fact, I'm not using the Dishplayer to record anything any more; it's being driven by the standalone TiVo.

If Echostar receivers were the only ones available from the merged companies, I'd have at least one standalone TiVo in the setup. The TiVo software is so far ahead of what Echostar offers, and it meets my needs much better. To be honest, I have only a vague idea of when my favorite series are broadcast and on what network because TiVo has managed all that for me. When "Ed" moved from Sunday night to Wednesday night, I didn't even realize it had happened for more than a month.

I also appreciate the way TiVo will fill its empty space with suggestions. When you have as many channels as a satellite dish brings you, it's very nice to have TiVo search the listings for you to find things you'd like. And it's discovered for me several programs that are now Season Passes.

As far as the subscription fee, I usually explain to friends that I used to spend $8-10 per month for the TV Guide. I don't need those any more. The "TiVo version" even reads itself for me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.