DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
214 Posts
I usually explain to friends that I used to spend $8-10 per month for the TV Guide. I don't need those any more. The "TiVo version" even reads itself for me. [/B]

This justification doesn't work when you can get a free television guide, complete with VCR+ codes, in your Sunday newspaper. I, for one, would love to have a UTV, or DirecTivo, but don't think it's worth $10 to $13 per month for a SAT fed program guide. Since there is already a program guide that comes with D*TV service, why does that not work with UTV, or DirecTivo?

· Legend
214 Posts
I know TIVO has some functions that are operable without the subscription. What about UTV? Does the 50x require a subscription? Are there any DVRs that will work without a subscription, just using the SAT service's program guide to record by?

· Legend
214 Posts
Originally posted by ToddHealy

Stand alone TiVos that started with a version prior to 2 can record but they will not have program guide information. That makes them little better than a VCR.
But why would you need the Tivo program guide when you have one coming from Dish or D*?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.