DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have been having problems recieving my local channels out of Cincinnati the last few months. It is on S110 SB23. I have had no problems recieving these channels the last 6 years and now all of the sudden my signal strenth is about 40. I have spoken with Dish Network on several occasions with no luck. They have had 2 techs. come out to look at the problem, but they can't find anything wrong. One of the people I spoke with on the phone suggested that maybe changing from a 20" dish to a 24" dish may help. Do you know if this would help any or not? If not, do you have any other suggestions that may be able to boost my signal strength? I don't know if it matters, but I am located approx. 225 miles east of Cincinnati. Thanx in advance.

Howard G.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
225 miles is probably a bit far for the new Spotbeam configuration on EchoStar 10. I would suggest you install a separate 30" dish just for 110.

BTW: This time of year is a good time to check for possible blockage of the signal. When the sun is in the same direction as the dish is pointing, if you site from the dish toward the sun and see any trees or other obstacles in the way, they might be part of the problem. Of course, one should wear eye protection. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.