DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
I've moved this to the DIRECTV Programming forum.

Mike

· Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both HD and SD have slate indicating no need to call that they are having tech problems. It has been that way since the weekend. I am too far away to try it OTA. Their tower is in Akron not Cleveland. I wonder if they are at reduced power and unable to get a signal to DirecTvs local uplink in Cleveland.

· Legend
241 Posts
If DTV can`t pick up Akron WEAO 49 in Cleveland, they should just feed WNEO 45 out of Alliance-Youngstown. They are the same station 45 or 49, depending on what you can receive. There`s no signal problem in Youngstown DMA (WNEO 45)

WNEO broadcasts at 500KW, while WEAO broadcasts at 180KW.

I wonder how DTV still picks up CH.23 WVPX ION, since WEAO & WVPX send off the same tower (as does WOIO 24.1&.2, the booster for WOIO 19.1 &.2 CBS, ME TV Cleveland)

I was under the impression that the various carriers got the OTA signal hardwired to the uplink facility.

· Hall Of Fame
5,376 Posts
twiseguy said:
I wonder how DTV still picks up CH.23 WVPX ION, since WEAO & WVPX send off the same tower (as does WOIO 24.1&.2, the booster for WOIO 19.1 &.2 CBS, ME TV Cleveland)
The difference is that WVPX broadcasts with 1000 kW while WEAO only broadcasts with 250 kW.

· Cool Member
21 Posts
twiseguy said:

I was under the impression that the various carriers got the OTA signal hardwired to the uplink facility.
WNEO and WVPX are not on the same tower, but are approximately one mile apart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.