DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Godfather
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the main page of the message board I get local weather. Why? When did this start?

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
We just added this feature a few moments ago. :) Thanks for noticing!

As you notice the default city is New York City, however by clicking on the words Change city you can select a major city which is close to you.

We hope you like it!

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
I say default it to a neutral city...like Cincinnati. :D

Anyway. Love the feature. I've already set it.

See ya
Tony

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Dmitriy,

Whats your Zip Code? The Weather is pulled from MSNBC/Accuweather.

If you go in to MSNBC and enter your Zipcode what cities weather does it show you?

I can add additional cities as long as they are carried by MSNBC.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
It was a temporary mesaure until we all get local weather by satellite. lol

·
DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
It's a nice feature, but one I don't need. I already have weather from WPXI on my taskbar next to the time. It says Sunny 63F 10:00am. All I have to do to get a more detailed forcast is to click on the Ch.11 Icon :)

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
We have updated the weather so that it gets the updated weather information once an hour instead of once every two hours. (MSNBC updates the info once an hour or we would update faster then this)

Also if you have a town you that is not listed that is carried by the MSNBC site and you want us to add it, then please PM or Email me with your Zip Code and City name and I will add your city for you.

We want you to feel at home here at DBStalk.COM and what better way to do that but with your hometown weather. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.