DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Godfather
404 Posts
Although I'm a huge fan of the series, I'm not too disappointed (or surprised) by this announcement. It feels like the right time to wrap up the series.

I subscribed to Showtime just to watch the previous season and might do it again for the new season of Weeds. Even though I don't think it's been as good the past few years as in the beginning, it's still terrific.

As wild as the story lines have been in the past, I look forward to seeing how crazy they get when the writers aren't worried about carrying the show into the next season. :)

-- Roger

· Legend
226 Posts
Wow Showtime got it wrong in their own press release. Nancy didn't burn down the town, Guillermo did when he started the fire in the grow field. Nancy just burned down her house to get rid of the evidence. Hope we get to hear "Little Boxes" again in the final season sometime.

· Large Member
4,792 Posts
Weeds started out great and after around the 3rd season it really got dumb. It became much to dark. I still watch it but "The Big C" kinda took it's place as my favorite. Now "Big C" season 3, just like Weeds, started losing it's direction. It seems 2 seasons are good enough for most of these type of shows before they start losing their originality. After season 2 they just look for stuff to drag them out and play off their previous popularity.

· Godfather
501 Posts
oldschoolecw said:
Actually, this isn't exactly true. This has been common knowledge when they got their 8th season renewal last year. It was up in the air for a long time, so the show's creator wrote each of the last two season's finale as being the final episodes, and then only to be renewed again. This time the producer renewed is for an eighth and final season, while also getting a contract with Lionsgate for future shows that may be developed. This is a mutual idea.

· HarpoonIPA
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TheRatPatrol said:
Anyone watch tonight's Weeds yet? I'm glad to see the original theme song back.
It was OK, I was hoping for more of a mystery on the shooting and was surprised how quickly they reveled who the shooter is

· Registered
3,752 Posts
They've got to out with a bang or something. Everybody in the house and it gets blown up or something. That would definitely be an ending lol
I'm wondering if they're not going to put Nancy and Andy together in the final episode? FINALLY lol Maybe they get drunk and have sex, and Nancy's pregnant AGAIN (I'd DEMAND a DNA test though lol)

· Registered
14,539 Posts
kevinturcotte said:
They've got to out with a bang or something. Everybody in the house and it gets blown up or something. That would definitely be an ending lol
I'm wondering if they're not going to put Nancy and Andy together in the final episode? FINALLY lol Maybe they get drunk and have sex, and Nancy's pregnant AGAIN (I'd DEMAND a DNA test though lol)
Have you not watched the most recent episode?

· Registered
14,539 Posts
kevinturcotte said:
Oh boy, what have I missed? lol (No, I DON'T want spoilers lol) It's still sitting on my HR34, if I get a chance to watch it. Actually, was kinda thinking about watching it and the hour long finale all at once.
:) I won't spoil it, but it's good.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.