DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
As of today... I would put it at about 25%..
But things can change quickly.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
mtnagel said:
Only 25% with the major FF issues? I would have thought for sure.
While we would all like them to fix the FFWD bugs right away, I'd prefer for them to take their time so we don't get new bugs in the next update like with this last one.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
The next firmware update will be a big one (I predict)...fixes and new features....

...but not this week, I'm hearing....

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
The next firmware update will be a big one (I predict)...fixes and new features....

...but not this week, I'm hearing....
Perhaps OTA hmmm? Maybe if enough of us wish it to be so, it will be :D

·
Godfather
415 Posts
It would be nice if they'd put out an incremental update just to address whatever caused the problems with MPEG4 after the last release, but maybe that's easier said than done.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
911medic said:
It would be nice if they'd put out an incremental update just to address whatever caused the problems with MPEG4 after the last release, but maybe that's easier said than done.
I'd imagine another incremental would bring more problems like the last one. I hope all that mountain dew and pizza will bring us a big leap forward in the next update.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
PoitNarf said:
While we would all like them to fix the FFWD bugs right away, I'd prefer for them to take their time so we don't get new bugs in the next update like with this last one.
I don't think that an incremental update to fix the FF bug would be that difficult, since they already knew it was an issue when they released the latest update last Wed. So, I'm hoping for that fix as well as more stability fixes.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
I was on the phone with Adv. tech support for a couple of hours yesterday
(dealing with replacing a dead box), and the person I was talking to did mention a new update (19th?).

Not sure if this was just that date that they expect the last one to be out to everyone or if it was a new one.

Didn't ask too much about it, since I was already beaten down by the system...

They did mention that there was HDMI fixes and a whole lot more.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Perhaps OTA hmmm? Maybe if enough of us wish it to be so, it will be :D
If so, I urge you all to wish me a supermodel girlfriend. :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
mdickson said:
I was on the phone with Adv. tech support for a couple of hours yesterday
(dealing with replacing a dead box), and the person I was talking to did mention a new update (19th?).

Not sure if this was just that date that they expect the last one to be out to everyone or if it was a new one.

Didn't ask too much about it, since I was already beaten down by the system...

They did mention that there was HDMI fixes and a whole lot more.
Hopefully they release it tomorrow and OTA too, please....please...please. I hope the CSR you spoke with wasn't confusing the software update with the HR10-250 date of 10/19 for 6.3a which has also been floated around.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
No, it was the HR20 not the HR10, the CSR was trying to trouble shoot a dead box and was wishing that I had a HDMI problem (I have my system setup for both HDMI and Com. video). She said several times, 'Why don't you just wait untill the you get the new HDMI fixes?" I think she said the 19th.

But I know that there was some fixes in the last update so not sure if she was refering to that one or a new release, I did have the latest release installed.
I can't believe that I would be the first to hear of a new release from a random support call.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.