DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new R15 on Friday. I first plugged it in with 2 lines at my home. Then I brought it to the vacation house where there's only 1 line. I plugged that into satellite in 1, and at first it seemed to work. Later I noticed the channels acting crazy, first off a few channels wouldn't come in at all, 360 and a few others. When I turned to the local channels they would literally switch back and forth to non local channels. ABC was showing Comcast Sports Central, Fox was showing Animal Planet and CBS was switching between it's own programming and some other station, I would see it switch before my eyes. I finally called D* and did a reset plus switched out a cable, that worked for most of the rest of the weekend, but then the same thing started happening again with the same channels, I didn't have time to call D* back but does any one have any idea's???

·
Godfather
490 Posts
h4b1t said:
So I just got my new R15 on Friday. I first plugged it in with 2 lines at my home. Then I brought it to the vacation house where there's only 1 line. I plugged that into satellite in 1, and at first it seemed to work. Later I noticed the channels acting crazy, first off a few channels wouldn't come in at all, 360 and a few others. When I turned to the local channels they would literally switch back and forth to non local channels. ABC was showing Comcast Sports Central, Fox was showing Animal Planet and CBS was switching between it's own programming and some other station, I would see it switch before my eyes. I finally called D* and did a reset plus switched out a cable, that worked for most of the rest of the weekend, but then the same thing started happening again with the same channels, I didn't have time to call D* back but does any one have any idea's???
Is the vacation house in the same spotbeam as your home? You may have to do a re-hit.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
It may also be a different dish style (single versus multisat), which would require doing guided setup over again.

·
AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vacation house is the same spotbeam, I've used other receivers up there with no problems at all, the Dish is also the same oval (3 lnb) that I have at my house. I left it up there so I can't verify it does the same thing at my house unfortunately..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.