DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received an HR24 receiver from DirecTV. It's connected to my Samsung TV with both a component cable and HDMI cable. I previously had an HR22 hooked up to the same TV with no problems. Also, I typically watch programming through the HDMI input.

Since the installation of the new receiver, I've randomly received "can't find source" or "no input" type messages from my TV as if it doesn't recognize the HDMI cable is hooked up. The screen goes black when this occurs as if the satellite signal is not transmitting to the TV. The issue usually lasts about 2 seconds and seems to be completely random. Eventually they go away and the picture comes back on, but I'm wondering why all of a sudden I receive these with the new receiver. Anybody else ever have an issue like this.

I specifically remember it happening when I was using the game source on my television and when finished put it back to HDTV input. However, upon doing so, it said it couldn't find the source. I changed the resolution on the DirecTV receiver to 1080i (it was on 480) and the picture came back, but changing the resolution may have been a coincidence even though it seemed to fix it on that occurrence.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
SteelersFan said:
I recently received an HR24 receiver from DirecTV. It's connected to my Samsung TV with both a component cable and HDMI cable. I previously had an HR22 hooked up to the same TV with no problems. Also, I typically watch programming through the HDMI input.

Since the installation of the new receiver, I've randomly received "can't find source" or "no input" type messages from my TV as if it doesn't recognize the HDMI cable is hooked up. The screen goes black when this occurs as if the satellite signal is not transmitting to the TV. The issue usually lasts about 2 seconds and seems to be completely random. Eventually they go away and the picture comes back on, but I'm wondering why all of a sudden I receive these with the new receiver. Anybody else ever have an issue like this.

I specifically remember it happening when I was using the game source on my television and when finished put it back to HDTV input. However, upon doing so, it said it couldn't find the source. I changed the resolution on the DirecTV receiver to 1080i (it was on 480) and the picture came back, but changing the resolution may have been a coincidence even though it seemed to fix it on that occurrence.
When the receiver comes back on, are you seeing a message about Power Saving Mode? With the Power Saving Mode on the receiver, it looks for a HDMI handshake. If it doesn't see it after a few hours, the receiver will put it self into standby mode, which means that it turns off its video outputs. When you switch back to the input for the receiver then on the TV, there is no signal. As soon as you hit a button on the receiver, the receiver will come out of standby mode.

- Merg

· AllStar
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems to happen while merely watching tv. And it's completely random. Wouldn't a power saving feature always be on if I was watching TV or a recorded show. I guess I can look into that, but I think I already shut that feature off.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
SteelersFan said:
It seems to happen while merely watching tv. And it's completely random. Wouldn't a power saving feature always be on if I was watching TV or a recorded show. I guess I can look into that, but I think I already shut that feature off.
The Power Saving feature can kick in while just watching TV if you haven't used the remote for an extended period of time.

- Merg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.